Jack and Charlotte's Life

Blogging Jack and Charlotte's Life.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Swim Meet

Jack had his first swim meet last night and he did amazing!! He swam in two events - the 25m freestyle and the 25m backstroke. He was pumped for the 25m freestyle and very confident that he would do well - rightfully so, he came in 2nd! - but he was SUPER nervous about the backstroke. He had never completed the length of the pool in backstroke without one of his coaches help, but he did amazing!! He made it the whole length of the pool and came in 3rd (out of 4). Just that he finished was a HUGE success for him! When I told him he had to swim backstroke he told me he wanted to go home. That he tried his best and was able to do it was a huge confidence builder for him and since he has been talking about how he can't wait to do it at practice this morning so he can get better! The meet was a big success and everyone had a lot of fun! We can't wait for next week! Here are some videos of the big night - they are a little choppy because for some reason I thought I could take pictures at the same time as taking videos, which I could, but... it kind of makes the video look a bit weird. Lesson learned!! Check out the photo site too - I posted some new pictures! Enjoy!

Jack built this all by himself!

25m freestyle.

The start of the backstroke.

The end of the backstroke - he was turning to see how much longer he had to go...

Don't forget - new pictures on the photosite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home